The Ultimate Maintenance & Aftercare Guide
We know life gets busy between work, family and social life, but your hair care doesn’t have to take a backseat. If you want your coveted Lacer extensions to look just as fresh as they do in the salon chair, then we’ve got one word for you: maintenance! Our semi-permanent extension methods require move-up appointments to help maintain and freshen up your luscious locks. With the proper tools and techniques, you can extend the life of your extensions, and we’re not just talking about your added inches.
Along with maintenance comes aftercare! This includes everything from brushing, washing, and styling your extensions. All of our aftercare products are quick, easy and gentle to use on both your extensions and natural hair to help you maintain fab look for every season. Discover the maintenance tips, tricks and aftercare routines to keep those extensions looking fierce.
How to Maintain your Tape-In Extensions
A stylist and consumer fave all around! Like all of Lacer's professional methods, they are made with 100% Remy human hair that is double drawn and stitched to a 1.5" wide weft. The install process is fast, seamless and the wefts gently attach to the hair with medical-grade adhesive--making the maintenance part just as easy. Here's what you need to maintain your Tape-In extensions.
- Replacement Tape- replaces the original tape when it’s time to reinstall Tape-In extensions with medical-grade adhesives for a safe and secure bond.
Make sure to schedule your move-up appointments every 4-6 weeks!
The Dos and Don’ts of Maintenance & Aftercare for Tape-Ins
- Schedule move-up appointments every 4-6 weeks to avoid added weight and tension from your grown out hair. This could lead to premature slippage and breakage, which we don’t have time for.
- Use Lacer Replacement, Easy-Release, or Single Sided Tape for all maintenance care to ensure best results.
- Saturate each weft with remover and wait five seconds before removing the extension from the natural hair for smooth and easy removals.
- Remove the weft downward in the direction of the natural hair to avoid unnecessary pulling, tugging and damage.
- Wash your hair after a fresh install. We recommend you wait 72 hours to allow the Tape-In bonds to set properly.
- Do not force the weft out of the natural hair. If you are having trouble with removal, we recommend spraying more remover as needed.
- Do not remove the weft by pulling from left to right. You want to remove each weft by pulling downward in the direction of the natural hair for a swift and easy removal.